- What are the bad influences in your life? What is one way you could change one this week?
- How do you spend time with God? Is there a something you could do to lean into Him more this week?
- How do you communicate with your friends? Text? Social Media? How does technology change relationships?
- Who are your closest friends? Why?
- Why do you think God chose us to send Jesus to save?
Hi BH Youth and Families!
Greetings from my bedroom bunker to your household hold up. What a crazy week it has been! First and foremost, I want to let you know that our youth ministry team and I are praying for you and your family as you navigate through this challenge. While this has thrown a monkey wrench into the rhythms of our lives, we know that God is still in control and we are looking to Him to give us faith, wisdom, and hope in the midst of the confusion and chaos.
While this pandemic is a major inconvenience, it is also a great opportunity for us to be creative in how we stay connected, and how we show God’s love to others. We want to continue to encourage you, resource you, and grow together as a community. Here are 4 ways we are inviting you to join us, even though we can’t meet together in person.
1. Follow us on Social Media:
- Instagram: BHYouth
- Facebook: Bay Hills Youth
- Snapchat: BH.Youth
2. BH Youth Group LIVE! Beginning March 18, 2020 we will be having BH Youth Group LIVE! on Instagram every Wednesday night until we are permitted to resume meeting together in person. Invite your friends and join us from 7-7:30pm @BHYouth. We will have a time of interactive conversation about some important topics that we are dealing with, AND, we will be having some fun contests in which you can win some sweet stuff to be delivered right to your home. You don’t want to miss out!
3. Small Group Zoom Calls - After BH Youth Group LIVE, hit the bathroom, grab a drink and a snack, then jump back on your phone or computer to meet with your small group! We will be using Zoom, a simple, free way that we can continue meeting together. Download Zoom from the App store or here (Scroll to bottom). Once you have the app, just click on the link we send you through your email to join the call at the from 7:45-8:15pm. You can join via video or just using audio. If you don’t receive an email, it’s possible we don’t have your contact info, so please email Kevin Guzman so we can get you connected.
4. Daily Focus - Our world is in chaos, and yet God offers us peace and hope through the Bible. Each day we will be doing a short devotional together to help us focus on Jesus. The first one we are going to do is called A Journey from WORRY to CONFIDENT HOPE. Search for it on your App, or you can click here. We will begin on Thursday, March 19. Once we finish we will email you the link to the next devotional/
Finally, I am here for you. If you have anything you want to chat about, I am happy to dialogue with you. Feel free to email me here.
Standing with you,
Family Ministries Pastor
Bay Hills Community Church